Zero Hours Front of House Duty Manager (Marlowe Theatre)
£23,946 pro rata to £25,382 pro rata with potential to progress to £26,819 pro rata through discretionary performance awards
Permanent - Zero Hours
Since opening in 2011, the Marlowe has welcomed the best touring productions and national companies to its two stages.
The National Theatre, The Royal Shakespeare Company, Glyndebourne Touring Opera, Northern Ballet, Matthew Bourne’s New Adventures and the Philharmonia Orchestra are regular visitors to the Marlowe’s 1200 seat main stage, together with the biggest and best West End tours including, in the coming season, The Bodyguard, Hairspray and Chitty Chitty Bang Bang.
The 150-seat Marlowe Studio is home to a developing programme of new theatre writing and brings the best small scale touring work to Kent.
As major parts of its engagement with its community The Marlowe has a thriving Youth Theatre, education programme, and produces an annual community show involving 250 local people.
The Marlowe’s programme of activities will present some exciting challenges over the coming months.
The Marlowe Theatre comprises two auditoria (1200 seats and 150 seats), 3 bars and a restaurant. We have a successful and growing functions and events business.
To manage a safe and excellent Front of House customer experience for visitors to the Marlowe Theatre, including the restaurant and bars, to deliver the business and customer service objectives of The Marlowe Theatre.
- Basic knowledge of the theatre or cultural industries.
- Good knowledge of relevant legislation and regulations.
- Good level of commercial selling skills.
- Good level of written and verbal communication skills.
- Basic level of people management skills.
- Good level of customer service skills.
- Basic level of IT skills.
- Good level of theatrical front of house experience, preferably as a manager.
- Basic level of experience working in a theatre box office.
- GCSEs (or equivalent) in Maths and English at Grade C or above.
- First Aid at Work (or willing to work towards)