Visitor Services Officer
£16,913 to £17,688 with potential to progress to £18,464 pro rata per annum through discretionary performance awards
Permanent - Part Time 22.75 hours and 13.75 hours per week on average
Museums and Galleries
The Canterbury district has it all – stunning countryside, 14 miles of beautiful coastline and a city with the oldest cathedral in England that forms part of a UNESCO World Heritage Site.
Canterbury City Council is a great place to work. Our conditions include Local Government Pension Scheme membership plus benefits, flexible working hours and relocation package (where applicable).
Our staff benefits package includes flexible annual leave and working arrangements, reduced cost leisure membership, free car parking at work and excellent training and development opportunities.
Canterbury is a world famous cathedral city, once one of medieval Europe’s great places of pilgrimage and knowledge. Today, international visitors come for world class heritage, for contemporary culture, to work, to shop and to study. The extraordinary cathedral dominates the medieval centre but only a few streets away, a boldly modern theatre has been built on the river bank and just around the corner is the award-winning Beaney House of Art and Knowledge, the city’s new flagship art museum. The Beaney sits within the district’s impressive museum portfolio that also includes the Roman Museum.
Canterbury Museums has recently reviewed the skills and roles it needs to best achieve its vision for the future of the service. We are now recruiting to help deliver the next stage of our transformation programme which will enhance resilience, broaden our appeal and build audience.
- To deliver a high quality service that exceeds customer expectations and enhances the visitor experience.
- To play a key role in providing information services, delivering events and activities, income generation and in ensuring the safety and security of all buildings and museum collections to support Canterbury Museums and Galleries strategic objectives.
- Understanding of customer service
- Basic computer skills
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- GCSE or equivalent in Math’s and English
The applicant will be required to do some manual handling and heavy lifting. We're looking for people who love going the extra mile for their customers and who have an interest in history.