Senior Policy Planner
£32,269 to £37,646
Permanent - 37 hours
Regeneration and Development
The Dover District is steeped in history, with the iconic White Cliffs of Dover, several castles including the Lord Warden of Cinque Ports residence, Walmer Castle. As well as the coastline, the District has wonderful countryside, lush valleys and beautiful parks and gardens.
COULD YOU BE INSTRUMENTAL IN OUR LOCAL PLAN REVIEW?
We are offering an exciting and challenging opportunity for a highly motivated Senior Planner to help initiate a review of our Local Plan. It is a pivotal time to be joining a forward thinking and friendly team at Dover District Council with major investment driving regeneration, an ambitious house building programme, and transformational master planning for key town centre and waterfront developments that are now coming forward in the District. As our Senior Policy Planner you will provide professional planning policy expertise to the Council’s Local Plan Review together with the preparation of supplementary planning documents. You will also provide policy input to our housing, infrastructure, and regeneration strategies. This is a hands on role with the ability for the right candidate to be involved in some really unique town planning projects. Owing to the fact that we are at the very early stages of a Local Plan Review, the Senior Policy Planner will take up the challenge to lead on key studies that will underpin the Local Plan and be responsible for shaping and creating a new Local Plan from day one through to the eventual examination in public. You will be working in one of the most dynamic and inspirational planning environments in the south east and alongside a friendly multi-disciplinary team encompassing planning policy, heritage, green infrastructure and S106 contributions. In return we will offer you the possibility of flexible working hours and even pay for your RTPI professional planning fees!
Technical Professional -
- Significant town planning experience
- Ability to communicate often difficult decisions to members of the public in a sensitive and professional manner
- Strong interpersonal, coaching and communication skills to drive delivery from the team and the wider
- Ability to understand the wider Departmental objectives and contribute to these whilst maintaining service priorities
- Ability to deal effectively with elected Members to ensure the service meets the Council’s corporate objectives.
- Project management skills
- RTPI membership (essential) and significant experience of working in Planning Policy
- A working knowledge of related public and private sector services that impact on planning.
This post requires you to have a full driving licence and own transport or requires travelling to sites in a timely manner equivalent to motor travel in your own car.