Environmental Health Officer / Senior Environmental Protection Officer
Salary £32,592 to £38,022 per annum
Permanent - Full Time
The Dover District is steeped in history, with the iconic White Cliffs of Dover, several castles including the Lord Warden of Cinque Ports residence, Walmer Castle. As well as the coastline, the District has wonderful countryside, lush valleys and beautiful parks and gardens.
Dover District Council are seeking an individual who wants to become part of a small but supportive team covering the full range of Environmental Protection in fields such as:
- Statutory Nuisance
- Noise & Acoustics
- Drinking Water Quality
- Air Quality Monitoring and Management
- Bathing Water Quality
- Pollution Prevention Control
- Environmental Permitting.
- Contaminated Land (Part IIA)
- Planning and Licensing applications
- Public Health Act Burials
The successful applicant would be expected to lead on specialist noise and acoustic related cases whilst still carrying a wide case load covering a specified area of the District.
- Significant experience in an Environmental Protection role
- Enforcement experience including knowledge of RIPA 2000, PACE 1984, CPIA 1996
- Comprehensive knowledge of Environmental protection law and practice
- Qualified to degree level or equivalent Membership of a relevant professional body (desirable)
- Additional relevant technical qualification (desirable)
This post requires you to have a full driving licence and own transport or requires travelling to sites in a timely manner equivalent to motor travel in your own car.
Interviews for this role are expected to take place in the week commening 9th October 2017