Civil Enforcement Officer
Grade J - £18,086 to £20,904
Permanent - Full time
Community Safety, CCTV and Parking Services
Dover District Council is responsible for the enforcement of parking regulations across the district. Although based at Dover and Deal, CEOs are expected to undertake duties anywhere within the district. Weekends, bank holiday and evening working form part of the normal roster system of working. Full uniform and equipment will be provided.
- Carry out patrols of the pay and display car parks, on-street permitted parking areas and streets subject to parking restrictions. Undertake relevant enforcement action, including the issuing of Penalty Charge Notices using hand held computers and ensuring that all notes regarding contraventions are kept in accordance with the recognised processes and procedures.
- Be responsible for ensuring that all equipment is functioning and can be used, and arranging for the downloading of computers at the conclusion of each shift. Ensure the maintenance of pay and display machines by arranging daily testing. Maintain stocks and records for machine tickets. Report faults and ensure correct recording of such reports.
- Make observations whilst patrolling of all parking related maintenance requirements and ensures that these are reported and recorded in line with current procedures. Carry out minor repairs and issues on site.
- Advise members of the public on parking processes and procedures in the Dover district, and assisting them with general enquiries on parking matters.
- Collect cash from machines and ensure safe transportation in line with current procedures.
- Undertake relevant and associated duties in relation to special events.
- Any other reasonable duties that may be required from time to time.
- Full Driving Licence
- Educated to GCSE standard
- Computer literate
- Previous experience of working under challenging conditions
- Previous experience of dealing directly with the public
- Previous experience of working alone without constant supervision
- An ability to lift and manoeuvre heavy cash boxes
- NVQ in Parking Enforcement, or to be prepared to work towards gaining this qualification.
- Previous experience in parking enforcement
- Decriminalised parking trained
- Qualified Civil Enforcement Officer
- Flexible approach to working hours
Interviews to be held on 29th and 30th June 2015