Network and Security Engineer
Starting Salary £28,517 per annum potentially rising to £32,509 per annum depending on individual contribution
Permanent - Full Time
EK Services is a ‘can-do’ organisation; honest about what we do and how we conduct ourselves – and always proud of our services and people. We strive for excellent and cost-effective service delivery.
Deliver and maintain efficient and effective network infrastructure to support the business requirements of EK Services and its customers.
Deliver ICT Security policies and procedures and ensure these are implemented and compliance monitored.
- Provide up to third line support on network systems infrastructure, corporate local and wide area networks
- Progress incidents, requests, problems and projects to resolution in line with ITIL guidelines that provide effective and efficient solutions to support availability targets as agreed within the SLA
- Liaise closely with other ICT staff regarding problem, incident, request and project monitoring and progression.Responsible for the security maintenance of the ICT infrastructure and networks
- Ensure that security patches are applied to systems in a timely and effective manner
- Implement changes to the telephone switch and mainframe in response to requests for new or existing telephone extensions including liaising with third parties for error resolution, maintenance and development of the telephone system
Knowledge & Skills -
- Ability to understand and successfully resolve complex problems
- Excellent problem solving skills
- Have proven excellent inter-personal, networking and negotiation skills and a strong customer focus
- Self motivated and able to create and deliver own work plan
- A good understanding of security requirements in a large local government organisation
- Extensive ICT infrastructure experience in a complex network environment
- Proven experience of implementing Network Switches and routers solutions
- Proven experience in supporting telephony installations
- Proven experience of maintaining Microsoft Active directory services
- Experience of implementing ICT security policies and processes
- Proven experience supporting and administering mail and web filtering platforms
- Proven experience supporting and administering firewalls